The Biggest Benefits of PRP for Hair Restoration
Posted on 21st October 2016 at 09:59
Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy, or PRP is an increasingly popular hair restoration treatment that provides natural results. Suitable for both men and women that are concerned about losing their hair, PRP provides a natural, non-surgical solution. In a number of hair loss conditions, PRP has shown somewhat impressive results in improving the strength and quality of the hair as well as activating the re-growth process.
How does PRP therapy work?
During the PRP therapy procedure, blood is drawn from the patient, just as it would be during a routine blood test. The blood is then spun in a centrifuge, separating the solid and liquid components and platelet activators such as calcium chloride and thrombin are added. The solid parts of the blood, or Platelet-Rich Plasma, are then injected into the area of the scalp affected by hair loss.
Our body’s PRP contain clotting and active growth factors that help to stimulate and encourage the healing process, activating the inflammatory process necessary for healing and promoting healthy hair follicle growth. In hair restoration treatment, PRP can help reinvigorate dormant hair follicles, naturally stimulating the regrowth of hair.
The biggest benefits of PRP therapy
There are a number of great benefits of PRP therapy for hair restoration, for example:
• It’s a simple procedure – PRP therapy is a non-surgical procedure and for surgeons with considerable dermatological expertise, it can be carried out relatively easily. It provides a great alternative to hair transplantation surgery, which is a much more complicated and invasive procedure.
• It’s safe and effective – When carried out by a highly skilled and experienced surgeon, PRP is a completely safe treatment. The purpose of PRP is to encourage a natural reaction and to promote hair growth from dormant follicles – it can yield very effective results in both men and women experiencing some level of hair loss.
• Natural results – One of the biggest benefits of PRP is that the results can appear very natural. Rather than implanting hair from another area of the head or body, PRP therapy simply encourages the natural regrowth of hair by stimulating dormant hair cells.
• It’s a fast procedure – PRP injection procedures can be carried out in between an hour and an hour and half.
• There’s virtually no downtime – After PRP therapy, the recovery time is very quick, so in most cases, you can carry on with your day following treatment.
If you’re feeling self-conscious about hair loss or feel that your hair is thinning, PRP therapy could be a suitable solution to help you strengthen your hair and feel more confident. To discuss PRP treatment in more detail or to make an appointment, please contact Birmingham Dermatology Clinic by calling 0800 044 3917.
Tagged as: PRP
Share this post: